Spicy Sicilian Strata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer half of the bread cubes to a greased large skillet, spooning cubes into an even layer. Top with half of the pepperoni, half of the pepperoncini peppers, all of the spinach, and all of the dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Italian blend cheeses. Repeat layers with the remaining bread cubes, pepperoni, pepperoncini peppers, and Italian blend cheeses.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne pepper. Slowly pour over layers in dish; press down lightly on top layer using the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (170 degrees F). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (170 degrees F). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Sicilian Strata)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 146 mg chol.,
- 1006 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet