Spicy Sicilian Strata
cups cubed French bread (1-inch cubes)
3 1/2 ounce package sliced pepperoni, coarsely chopped
cup chopped pepperoncini salad peppers, drained
of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
cup chopped oil-pack dried tomatoes, drained
cup shredded Italian blend cheeses (4 ounces)
eggs, lightly beaten
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
Dash cayenne pepper
cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer half of the bread cubes to a greased large skillet, spooning cubes into an even layer. Top with half of the pepperoni, half of the pepperoncini peppers, all of the spinach, and all of the dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Italian blend cheeses. Repeat layers with the remaining bread cubes, pepperoni, pepperoncini peppers, and Italian blend cheeses.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne pepper. Slowly pour over layers in dish; press down lightly on top layer using the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (170 degrees F). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Spicy Sicilian Strata)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 146 mg chol.,
- 1006 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet