Spicy Seafood Tacos
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 1-inch pieces. Place fish and crabmeat in separate medium bowls. In a small bowl combine oregano, cumin, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne pepper. Add half of the spice mixture and half of the garlic to each bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Add fish; spread in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Add crabmeat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and crabmeat is heated through, gently stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream and lime peel; set aside. In a medium bowl combine cabbage, mango, avocado, green onions, and jalapeno pepper. For dressing, in a small bowl combine lime juice, oil, black pepper, and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss gently to coat.
- To assemble, spoon fish mixture onto half of each warm tortilla. Top with cabbage mixture and cilantro. Fold unfilled half of each tortilla over filling. Serve with sour cream mixture and, if desired, lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Seafood Tacos)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 79 mg chol.,
- 510 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet