Spicy Chipotle Chicken Lentil Stew
You can find chipotles in adobo sauce in the Mexican section of your grocery store.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 10 hrs (low) or 5 hours (high)
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker layer carrots, chicken, lentils, onion, chipotle peppers, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic. Add broth, stewed tomatoes, and tomatoes and green chiles.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 hours.
- Serve topped with cheese and, if desired, avocado slices and yogurt.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- Per serving:
- 236 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 46 mg chol.,
- 737 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet