- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3 ounces chicken plus 3/4 cup salad
- Prep: 20 mins
- Marinate: 3 hrs to 4 hrs
- Grill: 12 mins
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Salad
pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon cider vinegar
tablespoon bottled hot pepper sauce or Louisiana hot sauce
cup bottled blue cheese salad dressing
teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce or Louisiana hot sauce
cups shredded savoy or green cabbage
cup bite-size carrot strips (2 medium)
cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl stir together oil, vinegar, and the 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken in bag; seal bag. Turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. For a charcoal grill, grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning and brushing once with reserved marinade halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.) Discard any remaining marinade. Slice chicken diagonally.
- In a medium serving bowl stir together blue cheese salad dressing and the 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Add cabbage, carrots, celery, and three-fourths of the blue cheese. Toss to coat. Arrange sliced chicken on top of cabbage mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Buffalo Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 367 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 80 mg chol.,
- 563 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet