Spiced Tofu Spring Rolls
12.3 ounce package firm, light tub-style tofu (fresh bean curd), drained
cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
teaspoons olive oil
teaspoons black and/or white sesame seeds
teaspoons ground coriander
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon Asian chili sauce (Sriracha sauce)
tablespoons rice wine vinegar
cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
cup snipped fresh cilantro
Nonstick cooking spray
round rice papers
Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Cut tofu lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Drain on paper towels, changing towels as necessary.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds, coriander, ginger, and chili sauce. Reserve half of the mixture for dipping sauce. Place tofu slices in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the remaining soy mixture over tofu, turning slices to coat evenly. Marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together rice wine vinegar and sugar. Add coleslaw mix and snipped cilantro; toss to coat.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer tofu slices to skillet. Cook about 4 minutes or until heated through and brown, turning once. Remove from skillet. Cut tofu lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips.
- Fill an extra-large skillet about half full with water. Bring just to simmering; remove from heat. Place a rice paper in the water; let stand for 10 to 15 seconds to soften. Carefully transfer to a clean round dinner plate.
- If desired, sprinkle a few cilantro leaves on rice paper. Place 3 or 4 tofu strips and 1/4 cup of the slaw about 1/2 inch from the bottom edge of rice paper. Fold the bottom edge up and over the filling. Fold in sides; roll up rice paper. Repeat with the remaining rice papers and filling. If desired, cover loosely with damp paper towels and chill for up to 8 hours.
- To serve, cut each spring roll in half. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro leaves. Serve with the reserved dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts(Spiced Tofu Spring Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 189 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 890 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet