- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 12.3 ounce package firm, light tub-style tofu (fresh bean curd), drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons black and/or white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (Sriracha sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 round rice papers
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Cut tofu lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Drain on paper towels, changing towels as necessary.
2. For marinade, in a small bowl combine soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds, coriander, ginger, and chili sauce. Reserve half of the mixture for dipping sauce. Place tofu slices in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the remaining soy mixture over tofu, turning slices to coat evenly. Marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together rice wine vinegar and sugar. Add coleslaw mix and snipped cilantro; toss to coat.
4. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer tofu slices to skillet. Cook about 4 minutes or until heated through and brown, turning once. Remove from skillet. Cut tofu lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips.
5. Fill an extra-large skillet about half full with water. Bring just to simmering; remove from heat. Place a rice paper in the water; let stand for 10 to 15 seconds to soften. Carefully transfer to a clean round dinner plate.
6. If desired, sprinkle a few cilantro leaves on rice paper. Place 3 or 4 tofu strips and 1/4 cup of the slaw about 1/2 inch from the bottom edge of rice paper. Fold the bottom edge up and over the filling. Fold in sides; roll up rice paper. Repeat with the remaining rice papers and filling. If desired, cover loosely with damp paper towels and chill for up to 8 hours.
7. To serve, cut each spring roll in half. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro leaves. Serve with the reserved dipping sauce.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 189,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 25,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 4,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 9,
- vit. A (IU) 680,
- vit. C (mg) 17,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 890,
- Potassium (mg) 85,
- calcium (mg) 61,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet