Spiced Pork Chops with Zucchini and Onion
tablespoon ground New Mexico chile pepper or chili powder
teaspoon brown sugar
teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
teaspoon cayenne pepper
bone-in pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
small zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup crumbled queso fresco
cup snipped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl combine the ground chile pepper, 1 teaspoon of the salt, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and cayenne pepper. Rub onto all sides of the chops.
- Toss zucchini with olive oil to lightly coat. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the dried oregano, and black pepper.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill the chops on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 11 to 13 minutes (150 degrees F), turning once. Add the zucchini the last 4 minutes of grilling or until crisp tender, turning once.
- Arrange zucchini and chops on serving plates. Top with queso fresco, cilantro, and red onion. Garnish with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts(Spiced Pork Chops with Zucchini and Onion)
- Per serving:
- 385 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 95 mg chol.,
- 1005 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 37 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet