Spiced Apple Drops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and apple juice until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour, the apple, and walnuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Frost cookies with Apple Frosting. If desired, sprinkle with additional ground nutmeg.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unfrosted cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and enough apple juice to make a frosting of spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Spiced Apple Drops)
- Per serving:
- 140 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 49 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Faye Evans 1340 Days Ago
This cookie sounds really good and full of fall flavor. But the frosting directions to bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, let stand 30 minutes, and let stand 40 minutes in the oven with the heat off is confusing to me, to say the least. Is it saying to bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10-to-12 minutes, cool for 1 minute, transfer to a wire rack and cool, then frost the cookies and put them back in the oven? If so, the frosting directions don't say anything about baking the cookies after they're frosted. What am I missing?
Leslee Rogers 1350 Days Ago
Delicious and very aromatic, but took a lot longer to bake than the recipe called for.