Spice-Rubbed Grouper with Berry Salad
pounds fresh or frozen skinless grouper or halibut fillets, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
teaspoon ground coriander
tablespoons olive oil
cup thin bite-size strips yellow and/or red sweet pepper (1 medium)
cup fresh blueberries
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. If necessary, cut fish into four serving-size portions; set aside. In a medium saucepan combine the water, bulgur, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine thyme, orange peel, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush both sides of fish with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle evenly with half of the spice mixture; rub in with your fingers. Set the remaining spice mixture aside. Measure thickness of fish.
- For a charcoal grill, grill fish on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, carefully turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill; reduce heat to medium. Place fish on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Add the remaining spice mixture and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to bulgur. Gently stir in sweet pepper and blueberries. Serve fish with bulgur mixture.
Nutrition Facts(Spice-Rubbed Grouper with Berry Salad)
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 52 mg chol.,
- 225 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet