Spaghetti with Cauliflower, Capers, and Lemon
- Bring a 5- to 6-quart pot of salted water to boiling. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-low heat. Add bread crumbs to hot oil; cook about 3 minutes or until crumbs are crisp and golden brown, stirring frequently (reduce heat and stir constantly if bread crumbs are becoming too dark). Stir in 1 clove of the minced garlic; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant. Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the lemon peel; set aside.
- In the same large skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt; cook about 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the 1 teaspoon thyme and the remaining 2 cloves minced garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add cauliflower, broth, and capers; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in the large pot cook spaghetti according to package directions, except cook for 2 minutes less than the time given on the package. Drain spaghetti and return to large pot.
- Add cauliflower mixture to spaghetti. Cook about 5 minutes more or until spaghetti is al dente. Divide spaghetti mixture among six shallow serving bowls. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. If desired, garnish with additional snipped fresh thyme or thyme sprigs.
Nutrition Facts (Spaghetti with Cauliflower, Capers, and Lemon)
- Per serving:
- 442 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 6 mg chol.,
- 707 mg sodium,
- 67 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet