ounces dried spaghetti
pound lean ground beef
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup chopped green sweet pepper
28 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
4 ounce can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
2 1/4 ounce can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and sweet pepper over medium-high heat until meat is brown and vegetables are tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and oregano. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spread half of the cooked spaghetti in the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture and half of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a medium bowl combine soup and the water; spread over layers in baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Spaghetti Bake)
- Per serving:
- 498 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 73 mg chol.,
- 788 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet