Sour Cream-Raspberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease fifteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 cup granulated sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until combined. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream, beating on low just until mixture is moistened.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared muffin cups (about 1 round tablespoon each). Top each with half of the berries. Spoon the remaining batter into cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Top with the remaining berries. In a small bowl stir together the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. If desired, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve warm or cool completely and store.
From the Test Kitchen
Store cooled muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To Reheat Muffins:
Wrap muffins in foil. Heat in a 350 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Sour Cream-Raspberry Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 216 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 298 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Ariel Layes 1500 Days Ago
Made these today and mixed the raspberries into the batter along with some cinnamon and ginger.. Turned out awesome!