Sour Cream-Orange Coffee Cake with Chocolate Streusel
cup packed brown sugar
tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
cup cold butter, cut up
cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
cup chopped pecans
tablespoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
cups granulated sugar
8 ounce carton sour cream
cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- For topping, in a small bowl stir together brown sugar, the 1/2 cup flour, and the cocoa powder. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/4 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate pieces and pecans; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the 3-3/4 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sprinkle orange peel over top of mixture; using fingers, distribute orange peel evenly through flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat the 3/4 cup butter and the granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream, milk, orange juice, and vanilla until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed. Beat for 2 minutes more or until smooth.
- Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the topping evenly over the batter. Using the back of a spoon, press topping gently into the batter. Spread the remaining batter over topping. Sprinkle remaining topping over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts(Sour Cream-Orange Coffee Cake with Chocolate Streusel)
- Per serving:
- 317 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 44 mg chol.,
- 243 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet