Watermelon Soup with Vegetables
- Halve melon; scoop out pulp. Process in batches in blender container or food processor. Line a large colander with a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth. Strain pulp through cheesecloth, pressing out as much juice as possible. Discard pulp. Measure 6 cups juice. (If there are fewer than 6 cups juice, add water to equal 6 cups.)
- Add sugar to taste, if desired. Cover and refrigerate soup until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, cook vegetables in a small amount of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and wrap in plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, stir balsamic vinegar into juice mixture. Ladle into bowls. Float strips of vegetables on top. Makes 6 appetizer servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
To create the vegetable confetti use a vegetable peeler to create thin strips. Try the veggies piled on a fresh summer salad, too.
Nutrition Facts (Watermelon Soup with Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 69 kcal cal.,
- 13 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet