- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in chicken broth, water, tomatoes, cannellini beans, fennel, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, zucchini, green beans and orzo pasta. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes more or until pasta is tender. Remove bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, prepare Pistou. Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with Pistou and, if desired, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Makes 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare Pistou as directed. Transfer to an airtight container and chill for up to 24 hours.
- In a food processor or blender, combine basil leaves, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic. Cover and process or blend until finely chopped. Add enough additional olive oil to thin mixture to desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey-Vegetable Soup)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 23 mg chol.,
- 848 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet