Combine salmon, fat-free milk, and reduced-sodium broth to make this heart-healthy dinnertime soup recipe.
- Rinse fresh salmon; pat dry. Set aside. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir carrots, onion, and celery in hot oil about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to poach fresh salmon, in a large skillet bring water to boiling. Add salmon. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon from skillet, discarding poaching liquid. Flake salmon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Stir the broth, potatoes, corn, dill, and salt into vegetables in saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir together 1/2 cup of the milk and cornstarch. Add milk mixture to saucepan. Stir in remaining milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Gently stir in poached salmon or canned salmon. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts (Salmon Chowder)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 11 mg chol.,
- 487 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet