Pork and Orzo Soup with Spinach
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven or kettle cook the meat, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat until brown. Drain fat.
- Stir in water, broth, bay leaves, oregano, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in carrot, celery, and pasta. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Discard bay leaves.
- Stir in spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or just until spinach wilts.
- Makes 6 servings (10 1/2 cups)
Nutrition Facts (Pork and Orzo Soup with Spinach)
- Per serving:
- 261 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 62 mg chol.,
- 709 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet