tablespoons unsalted butter
medium carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
medium onions, chopped (about 2-1/2 cups)
medium potatoes, diced (about 2-1/2 cups)
garlic cloves, pressed
cups chicken stock
19 ounce can chickpeas, drained
cup diced cooked chicken
cup unsweetened coconut milk
teaspoons curry powder
cup chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Saute carrots, onions, potatoes, and garlic until the onions are translucent, 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer over medium-low heat until the vegetables are soft, 20 minutes more.
- Stir in chickpeas, chicken, coconut milk, and curry powder and simmer until hot.
- Garnish each serving with cilantro and apple, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Mulligatawny Soup)
- Per serving:
- 290 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 34 mg chol.,
- 342 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet