Italian Spinach Soup
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning in hot butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- If using sherry, remove Dutch oven from heat; slowly pour in sherry. Return to heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and potato. Bring to boiling. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat.
- Set aside 2 cups of the spinach. Stir remaining spinach, half at a time, into soup just until wilted. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup, half at a time, to a food processor or blender; cover and process or blend until smooth. Return to Dutch oven; heat through. Season with salt.
- To serve, top with reserved spinach, watercress, Parmesan, and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Spinach Soup)
- Per serving:
- 151 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 881 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet