- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds fresh or frozen fish heads and tails
- 1 medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole black peppers
- 6 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Thaw fish heads and tails, if frozen; rinse. Place in a 4-quart Dutch oven with vegetables, parsley, bay leaf, peppers, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Add water, wine, and lemon juice.
2. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat simmer, covered for 45 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth. Use as directed in recipe. Store unused stock in the refrigerator for three days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Makes 7 cups.
3. Nutriton facts are provided per cup of fish stock.
- sodium (mg) 256,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet