- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets (cod, grouper, or trout)
- 3 cups water
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 10 ounce can tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 small cucumber, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small yellow summer squash or zucchini, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 - 3 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish. Cut fish into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling; add fish. Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain fish; cover and chill.
3. In a medium saucepan combine broth, cumin, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Bring mixture to boiling. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, cucumber, yellow summer squash or zucchini, plum tomatoes, and green onions. Cover and chill for 4 to 12 hours. Before serving, stir chilled fish into vegetable mixture. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 124,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 33,
- carb. (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 16,
- sodium (mg) 677,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet