Curry Pumpkin Soup
This savory side dish recipe uses pumpkin puree and chicken broth as a base and adds flavor with curry powder.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
Curry Pumpkin Soup
recipe Orange-Cranberry Topper (see recipe)
medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
teaspoon curry powder
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
15 ounce can pumpkin
14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup half-and-half or light cream
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare Orange-Cranberry Topper.
- In 4-qt. Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, and celery. Cook, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add curry powder and pumpkin pie spice. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add pumpkin, broth, and water. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In food processor or blender, add one-third of the pumpkin mixture at a time, cover, and process or blend until smooth. Return all pumpkin mixture to Dutch oven.
- Stir half-and-half, salt, and pepper into pumpkin mixture; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with Orange-Cranberry Topper.
cup dried cranberries
tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- In small bowl combine cranberries, orange peel, and parsley. Serves 8.
Nutrition Facts (Curry Pumpkin Soup)
- Per serving:
- 145 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 433 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAppetizers, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easy Appetizers, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Party Appetizers, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Soup Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Vegetarian Soup and Chili Recipes