Curry Pumpkin Soup
recipe Orange-Cranberry Topper (see recipe)
medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
teaspoon curry powder
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
15 ounce can pumpkin
14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup half-and-half or light cream
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare Orange-Cranberry Topper.
- In 4-qt. Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, and celery. Cook, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add curry powder and pumpkin pie spice. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add pumpkin, broth, and water. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In food processor or blender, add one-third of the pumpkin mixture at a time, cover, and process or blend until smooth. Return all pumpkin mixture to Dutch oven.
- Stir half-and-half, salt, and pepper into pumpkin mixture; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with Orange-Cranberry Topper.
cup dried cranberries
tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- In small bowl combine cranberries, orange peel, and parsley. Serves 8.
Nutrition Facts(Curry Pumpkin Soup)
- Per serving:
- 145 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 433 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet