- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1 1/2 - 2 ounce envelopewhite sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 14 ounce canvegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 7 - 8 ounce packagedried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1 12 ounce canevaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Place dry white sauce mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
3. Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
4. Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 450,
- Fat, total (g) 18,
- chol. (mg) 34,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 53,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 22,
- sodium (mg) 1710,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet