Creamy Tortellini Soup
1 1/2 ounce envelope white sauce mix
14 ounce can vegetable broth
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
cup chopped onion
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon cayenne pepper
7 ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
12 ounce can evaporated milk
cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
Ground black pepper (optional)
- Place dry white sauce mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
- Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Creamy Tortellini Soup)
- Per serving:
- 450 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 34 mg chol.,
- 1710 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet