Creamy Potato and Asparagus Soup
- Reserve about one-third of the asparagus. Combine remaining asparagus, the potatoes, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, and the water in a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly. In a blender or food processor, blend or process soup, half at a time, until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in skillet. Add reserved asparagus spears to the drippings in skillet. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Coarsely chop bacon and place in a microwave-safe pie plate. Drizzle bacon with honey; cover with vented plastic wrap. Just before serving, microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with asparagus, bacon mixture, and, if desired, toppings.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Potato and Asparagus Soup)
- Per serving:
- 356 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 673 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet