Cream of Potato Soup
medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 1 2/3 pounds)
cup chopped onion
cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
tablespoon butter or margarine
teaspoon dried dill or basil, crushed
Dash ground black pepper
cup lactose free milk
- In a large saucepan cook potatoes and onion, covered, in a large amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside 1 cup cooked vegetables.
- In a food processor bowl combine the remaining cooked vegetables and the chicken broth. Cover and process about 1 minute or until smooth. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, dill or basil, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in the reserved 1 cup cooked vegetables and blended vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. If necessary, stir in additional milk to reach desired consistency. If desired, season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Makes about 4-1/2 cups (4 side-dish servings).
Nutrition Facts(Cream of Potato Soup)
- Per serving:
- 236 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 509 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet