Cream of Potato Soup
- In a large saucepan cook potatoes and onion, covered, in a large amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside 1 cup cooked vegetables.
- In a food processor bowl combine the remaining cooked vegetables and the chicken broth. Cover and process about 1 minute or until smooth. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, dill or basil, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in the reserved 1 cup cooked vegetables and blended vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. If necessary, stir in additional milk to reach desired consistency. If desired, season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Makes about 4-1/2 cups (4 side-dish servings).
Test Kitchen Tip
If needed, substitute the milk or half-and-half for lactose free milk.
Nutrition Facts (Cream of Potato Soup)
- Per serving:
- 185 kcal cal.,
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 414 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet