Country Italian Beef
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots or parsnips, onion, and fennel. Add meat; sprinkle with rosemary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, wine, tomato paste, tapioca, pepper, and garlic. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Just before serving, stir in basil. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Country Italian Beef)
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 89 mg chol.,
- 647 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet