Chilly Chile Pepper Gazpacho
large tomatoes, cored, halved, and seeded
medium onion, cut into wedges
cloves garlic, peeled
medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut up
medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut up
11 1/2 ounce can hot-style vegetable juice
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon ground black pepper
6 ounce can canned crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place tomatoes (cut sides up), onion, and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until tomato skins are charred. Peel off tomato skins.
- Place tomatoes in food processor. Cover; process until smooth. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Place onion, garlic, cucumber, sweet pepper, and chile peppers in food processor. Cover; pulse with on/off turns until chopped to desired consistency.
- Add processed vegetables, vegetable juice, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, and black pepper to tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cover; chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Spoon gazpacho in bowls. Top with crabmeat. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts(Chilly Chile Pepper Gazpacho)
- Per serving:
- 122 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 53 mg chol.,
- 570 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet