Short on time? Move the slow cooker setting for this fiery hot white chili recipe to high. If you like, serve in store-bought bread bowls.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 5 hrs to 6 hrs (low) or 2-1/2 to 3 hours (high)
- Lightly coat an unheated medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in hot skillet; drain off fat.
- In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, drained beans, broth, onion, sweet pepper, chile pepper, cumin, oregano, white pepper, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- If desired, sprinkle individual servings with tomato, green onion, and cheese. Makes 2 servings.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- 275 kcal cal.;
- 2 g Fat, total;
- 66 mg chol.;
- 0 g sat. fat;
- 33 g carb.;
- 11 g fiber;
- 40 g pro.;
- 750 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet