Chicken Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In shallow roasting pan combine squash red onion, and curry powder. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss gently to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer. Roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In 4-quart Dutch oven combine roasted vegetables, broth, beans, and dried apricots. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes; cool slightly. Transfer vegetable mixture, half at a time, to a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Return pureed mixture to Dutch oven; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine walnuts, 1 teaspoon oil, and nutmeg; toss gently to coat. Spread nuts on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 7 minutes or until golden and toasted. If chicken is not warm, reheat according to package directions.
- Ladle soup into shallow bowls. Top with chicken, walnut mixture, and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Butternut Squash Soup)
- Per serving:
- 577 kcal cal.,
- 35 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 167 mg chol.,
- 1905 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 44 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
BarkerFrances 773 Days Ago
I Love Chicken so I will definitely make this but I would have to cut the recipe because I live alone so it's just me and no One else !! Thanks For Sharing This Fantastic Recipe