Carrot Soup with Chili-Spiced Croutons
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots; cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, blend soup, 1/3 at a time, until smooth. Return to pot; heat through. Serve with Chili-spiced Croutons. Makes 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut crusty bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil and chili powder. Spread cubes on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot Soup with Chili-Spiced Croutons)
- Per serving:
- 250 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 927 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet