- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 14 ounce cans vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Snipped fresh chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large shallow roasting pan, toss together squash, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast, uncovered, about 1 hour or until tender, stirring once.
2. Meanwhile, in a 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven, cook onion in hot butter over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Add roasted squash and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
4. Transfer squash mixture, in batches, to a blender; cover and blend until smooth. Return pureed mixture to Dutch oven. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. If desired, garnish each serving with chives.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 100,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 16,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 2,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 0,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (IU) 121,
- vit. C (mg) 25,
- sodium (mg) 713,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet