Butternut Squash Soup with Thai Gremolata
pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
cups chicken broth
14 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
cup finely chopped onion
tablespoon packed brown sugar
tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
teaspoon Asian chili sauce (Sriracha) sauce or crushed red pepper
tablespoons lime juice
recipe Thai Gremolata
Lime wedges (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker stir together squash, broth, coconut milk, onion, brown sugar, fish sauce, and Asian chili sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to carefully blend soup until completely smooth. (Or, transfer the mixture in batches to a food processor or blender; or use a potato masher to mash mixture nearly smooth.) Stir in lime juice. Ladle into bowls and top with Thai Gremolata. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
cup snipped fresh basil or cilantro
cup chopped peanuts
tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
- In a small bowl stir together basil, peanuts, and lime peel.
Nutrition Facts(Butternut Squash Soup with Thai Gremolata)
- Per serving:
- 189 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 581 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet