Butternut Squash Soup with Ravioli
So few ingredients, so much flavor! Even better, this quick-and-easy soup recipe made with ravioli freezes well, so make an extra batch.
- Makes: 5 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Peel squash. Halve lengthwise. Remove seeds and discard. Cut squash into 3/4-inch pieces.
- In a large saucepan, combine squash, broth, water, and cayenne pepper. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Transfer one-fourth of the squash-and-broth mixture to a blender container. Carefully blend, covered, until smooth. Repeat until all of the mixture is blended.
- Return blended mixture to large saucepan. Bring just to boiling. Immediately reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the margarine or butter, stirring until just melted.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ravioli according to package directions. Drain. Ladle hot squash mixture into bowls. Divide cooked ravioli among bowls. If desired, drizzle with molasses. Makes 5 side-dish servings.
Prepare soup as directed, except do not add ravioli. Cool soup. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 days or label and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, transfer frozen soup to a large saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring often. Cook ravioli as directed and serve with soup as directed.
- 259 kcal cal.;
- 10 g Fat, total;
- 52 mg chol.;
- 5 g sat. fat;
- 36 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 10 g pro.;
- 933 mg sodium;
- 182 mg calcium;
- 2 mg iron;
- 24 mg vit. C;
- 979 RE vit. A
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet