Beer and Cheese Soup
- Slice green onions, separating white and green parts. In a Dutch oven over medium heat cook white portions of green onions in 1 tablespoon hot oil until tender.
- In a blender combine red peppers, cooked onion, beer, and 1 cup of the potatoes; process until smooth. Return mixture to Dutch oven. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese to pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and soup is hot (do not boil).
- In a skillet cook remaining potatoes in remaining hot oil over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with the 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- Top bowls of soup with potatoes, the green portions of the sliced green onions, and additional paprika.
Nutrition Facts (Beer and Cheese Soup)
- Per serving:
- 467 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 63 mg chol.,
- 1096 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet