Baked Potato Soup
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush; pat dry. Prick potatoes with a fork. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender; cool. Cut each potato lengthwise. Scoop out white portion of each potato. Break up any large pieces of potato. Discard potato skins.
- In a large saucepan cook 3 tablespoons of the green onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour, dill, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir for 12 to 15 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the potato and 1 cup of the cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Top each serving with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese, remaining 3 tablespoons green onion, and the bacon.
- Makes 5 to 6 servings (5 1/2 cups)
Nutrition Facts (Baked Potato Soup)
- Per serving:
- 377 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 67 mg chol.,
- 801 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet