- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 medium ripe avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/3 cup bottle salsa (optional)
1. In a blender or food processor, combine avocados, cucumber, onion, carrot, garlic, and 1 can of the chicken broth. Cover and blend or process until almost smooth.
2. Add remaining chicken broth and bottled hot pepper sauce. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Pour soup into a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill for 1 to 24 hours.
3. To serve, ladle soup into chilled soup cups. Sprinkle each serving with paprika. If desired, top with salsa.