So Easy Coq au Vin
8 ounce package mushrooms, halved (or quartered if large)
medium carrots cut into 1/4-inch slices
cups frozen pearl onions
Nonstick cooking spray
large chicken thighs, skin removed (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds)
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup dry red wine
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons red wine vinegar
teaspoons herbs de Provence
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
cups hot cooked whole grain wide noodles
- In a 4-to 5-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, carrots, and onions. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Add chicken thighs to skillet; meaty sides down. Cook about 6 minutes or until brown, turning once. Add chicken to cooker.
- Add wine to skillet; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom and sides of skillet. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, tapioca, vinegar, herbs de Provence, garlic, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 5 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley; serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts(So Easy Coq au Vin)
- Per serving:
- 326 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 80 mg chol.,
- 365 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet