- Allow cream cheese and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl stir together crushed cookies and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir in melted butter until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup sugar, flour, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in eggs.
- In a small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Another time, vary the topping for the cheesecake. Instead of sprinkling with the cinnamon-sugar before baking, stir together 1 tablespoon powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon; sprinkle over the cooled cheesecake before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Snickerdoodle Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 412 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 108 mg chol.,
- 310 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet