Smoky Lamb Gyros
- For at least 1 hour before smoke-cooking, soak wood chunks in enough water to cover. Drain before using.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from meat. For rub, in a small bowl combine salt, marjoram, thyme, dried onion, cumin, garlic powder, mint, pepper, and allspice. Sprinkle mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers.
- Prepare smoker. Add drained wood chunks to smoker. Place meat on top rack of smoker. Cover and smoke at 225 degrees F to 250 degrees F for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat from smoker. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes. Thinly slice meat. Divide meat, tomato, chopped onion, and feta cheese among flatbreads. Serve with Tzatziki.
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, lemon peel, lemon juice, mint, garlic, and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Smoky Lamb Gyros)
- Per serving:
- 599 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 120 mg chol.,
- 1161 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet