- Makes: 3 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup spread, 4 zucchini slices, and 2 endive leaves
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
Smoked Salmon Zucchini Bites
ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
tablespoon fat-free milk
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 ounce piece hot-smoked salmon, flaked and skin and bones removed
- In a small bowl stir together cream cheese, milk, lemon peel, and pepper until well mixed. Gently stir in flaked salmon. Set aside.
- Trim ends off zucchini. Using a mandolin or a wide vegetable peeler, cut long, very thin strips of zucchini, making the strips as wide as possible.
- Lay zucchini strips on a flat surface. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the salmon mixture on one end of each zucchini strip. Roll up zucchini strips, starting from the end with the salmon mixture. Secure with toothpicks or cocktail picks if needed. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Salmon Zucchini Bites)
- Per serving:
- 122 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 23 mg chol.,
- 379 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet