Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and the salt until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; remove from heat. Spoon in 2 tablespoons of the batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly. Return to heat; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until brown on one side only. Invert over paper towels; remove crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter to make eight crepes total, greasing skillet occasionally. Set crepes aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add leeks; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and light brown, stirring occasionally. Add Swiss chard and 2 teaspoons fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble, place crepes browned sides down. Spoon chard mixture onto half of each crepe. Top with salmon. Fold unfilled half of crepe over filling. Arrange two filled crepes on each serving plate.
- For sauce, in a 1-cup glass measuring cup combine goat cheese and milk. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 20 seconds. Stir until mixture is smooth. (If using creme fraiche, stir together creme fraiche and milk.) Spoon sauce over crepes. Sprinkle with additional fresh dill and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes)
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 66 mg chol. ,
- 480 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.
How To Video
Mélina Patry 997 Days Ago
I made this recipe for dinner and it was sooo good!! I used an onion instead of leek and frozen kale (about 1 cup) instead of the chard, that is what I had on hand. I cut the salmon in very small pieces like in a tartare since I had a filet. My boyfriend loved it too! Fresh with lots of flavours, light but scrumptious. Thanks so much for this recipe :)