Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes
egg, lightly beaten
cup fat-free milk
tablespoons olive oil
cup thinly sliced leeks (3 medium) or 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
cups coarsely chopped, stemmed fresh Swiss chard
teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
4 ounce piece smoked salmon, skinned and flaked
cup crumbled semisoft goat cheese (chevre) or creme fraiche
Snipped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and the salt until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; remove from heat. Spoon in 2 tablespoons of the batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly. Return to heat; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until brown on one side only. Invert over paper towels; remove crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter to make eight crepes total, greasing skillet occasionally. Set crepes aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add leeks; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and light brown, stirring occasionally. Add Swiss chard and 2 teaspoons fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble, place crepes browned sides down. Spoon chard mixture onto half of each crepe. Top with salmon. Fold unfilled half of crepe over filling. Arrange two filled crepes on each serving plate.
- For sauce, in a 1-cup glass measuring cup combine goat cheese and milk. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 20 seconds. Stir until mixture is smooth. (If using creme fraiche, stir together creme fraiche and milk.) Spoon sauce over crepes. Sprinkle with additional fresh dill and pepper.
Nutrition Facts(Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes)
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 480 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet