- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: overnight
- Stand: 15 mins
Smoked Chicken and Asparagus Strata
cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
cup chicken broth
cups smoked chicken or turkey, cut into bite-size cubes
cup light mayonnaise
cups chicken broth
tablespoons snipped fresh chives
tablespoons country Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups cubed garlic-herb focaccia (1-inch cubes)
ounces dill Havarti cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- In a large skillet cook onion and sweet pepper in hot butter over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus and the 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover and simmer about 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl; let cool slightly.
- Add smoked chicken and mayonnaise to the vegetable mixture; mix well. In another bowl whisk together milk, the 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, the eggs, chives, mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spread half of the focaccia cubes in the prepared dish; top evenly with the chicken mixture. Spread the remaining focaccia cubes evenly over the chicken mixture. Carefully pour egg mixture over all. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Before baking, let strata stand for 15 minutes at room temperature. Uncover; bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and light brown. Sprinkle with Havarti cheese; bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Chicken and Asparagus Strata)
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 158 mg chol.,
- 1215 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet