- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow and/or red sweet pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Sliced green onions (optional)
1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, sweet pepper, garlic, and black pepper. Pour broth over all.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Mash potatoes slightly with a potato masher. Stir in whipping cream, cheddar cheese, and the 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions. If desired, top individual servings with additional sliced green onions. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 243,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 37,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 30,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 8,
- sodium (mg) 644,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet