Slow Cooker Moroccan Lamb Tagine
pounds boneless lamb shoulder or lamb stew meat
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon ground turmeric
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cups coarsely chopped, peeled sweet potato
medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
cup chopped roma tomato (1 medium)
cup pitted whole dates, quartered
cup pitted green olives, halved
tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
cloves garlic, minced
14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
teaspoon orange-flower water
cups hot cooked couscous
Sliced almonds, toasted
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Place meat in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine salt, ginger, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over meat; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer meat to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in sweet potato, carrots, onion, tomato, dates, olives, tapioca, lemon peel, lemon juice, honey, and garlic. Pour broth over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Stir in orange-flower water.
- Serve in shallow bowls over hot cooked couscous. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts(Slow Cooker Moroccan Lamb Tagine)
- Per serving:
- 368 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 70 mg chol.,
- 674 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet