Slow Cooker Moo Shu Chicken
- In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, the water, sesame oil, cornstarch, soy sauce, and garlic; set aside.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine cabbage mixture and 1 cup shredded carrots. Cut chicken into 1/8-inch slices; cut each slice in half lengthwise. Place chicken on top of cabbage mixture. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the hoisin mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 hours. Stir in the remaining hoisin mixture.
- To serve, heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas. If desired, top each serving with green onions.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Moo Shu Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 269 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 54 mg chol.,
- 579 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Nancy Gibson 631 Days Ago
I made this, but with pork and the taste was very good. However for the sake of texture. I think next time I would put the meat and sauce in first and cook it down, perhaps with 1/4 of the cabbage. and add the rest of the sauce cabbage and carrots closer to the end of the cooking time so they are not quite so mushy. I also added fresh ginger and dried mushrooms as I had them and my husband likes the flavor.