Slow-Cooked Beef Fajitas
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place peppers and onion into cooker. Top with meat. Pour salsa over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Transfer meat to a cutting board; use two forks to pull meat apart into shreds.
- Using a slotted spoon remove peppers and onion from cooker. If desired, drizzle meat with a little cooking liquid.
- Spoon some of the meat and vegetables onto one side of each warmed tortilla; top with sour cream. Fold tortilla in half over filling.
From the Test Kitchen
To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Slow-Cooked Beef Fajitas)
- Per serving:
- 327 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 37 mg chol.,
- 657 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet