Slow-Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops with Sherry
- In a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker combine onion, carrot, and garlic.
- In a very large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb chops, half at a time, to skillet; cook each chop until brown on both sides. Place chops in slow cooker. Add broth, sherry, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and cloves.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Transfer chops to a serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- For sauce, discard bay leaves from mixture in slow cooker. Transfer vegetable mixture and cooking liquid to a 4-cup glass measure; skim off fat. Using an immersion blender, process vegetables and cooking liquid until smooth. (Or cool mixture slightly; place mixture in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.)
- To serve, spoon sauce over chops.* If desired, serve with Spanish Chard.
From the Test Kitchen
Watch out for small bones when you eat lamb shoulder chops.
Nutrition Facts (Slow-Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops with Sherry )
- Per serving:
- 435 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 117 mg chol.,
- 404 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet