Skirt Steak Tacos with Guacamole and Lime Crema
- In a food processor or blender combine onion, lime juice, cumin, garlic, ground chipotle pepper, and salt. Cover and process or blend to form a thick paste.
- Spread paste over both sides of skirt steak; rub in with your fingers. Place skirt steak in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
- Prepare Guacamole and Lime Crema.
- For a charcoal grill, grill steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals about 4 minutes or until steak is lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Remove steak from grill. Cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Coarsely chop steak. Serve in warm tortillas topped with cabbage, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, Guacamole, and Lime Crema.
- In a small bowl stir together sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
- In a medium bowl combine avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, lime juice, and salt. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Skirt Steak Tacos with Guacamole and Lime Crema)
- Per serving:
- 752 kcal cal.,
- 40 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 20 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 1027 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 49 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet