Skirt Steak Tacos with Guacamole and Lime Crema
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
cup freshly squeezed lime juice
tablespoons ground cumin
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
pounds beef skirt steak
recipe Lime Crema
8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
head napa cabbage, shredded
cups chopped, seeded tomato (2 large)
cup cilantro leaves
- In a food processor or blender combine onion, lime juice, cumin, garlic, ground chipotle pepper, and salt. Cover and process or blend to form a thick paste.
- Spread paste over both sides of skirt steak; rub in with your fingers. Place skirt steak in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
- Prepare Guacamole and Lime Crema.
- For a charcoal grill, grill steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals about 4 minutes or until steak is lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Remove steak from grill. Cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Coarsely chop steak. Serve in warm tortillas topped with cabbage, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, Guacamole, and Lime Crema.
cup chopped roma tomatoes (3 medium)
cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
cup lime juice
- In a medium bowl combine avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, lime juice, and salt. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
teaspoon finely shredded lime zest
tablespoons lime juice
- In a small bowl stir together sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts(Skirt Steak Tacos with Guacamole and Lime Crema)
- Per serving:
- 752 kcal cal.,
- 40 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 20 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 1027 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 49 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet