Skewered Shrimp Scampi
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Thread shrimp on four 10-inch skewers,* leaving 1/4 inch between shrimp. Drizzle with lemon juice; sprinkle evenly with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- For a charcoal grill, grill shrimp on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place shrimp on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- To serve, divide pasta among four serving plates. Top with shrimp on skewers. Sprinkle with parsley. Squeeze lemon wedges over shrimp. Drizzle with olive oil.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes; drain before using.
To cook in a skillet or grill pan, heat a lightly greased large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp for 6 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once.
Nutrition Facts (Skewered Shrimp Scampi )
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 259 mg chol.,
- 400 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet