Shrimp Tacos with Lime Slaw
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. In a resealable plastic bag combine olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat shrimp; chill 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile finely shred peel from lime; juice lime. For lime slaw, in a large bowl combine the lime peel, lime juice, cabbage, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; set aside. In a small bowl combine sour cream and chipotle pepper; set aside.Wrap tortillas in foil.
- Thread shrimp on 10-inch metal skewers.* On a covered grill, grill tortilla packet directly over medium heat for 5 minutes; turning once. Add shrimp to grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until opaque, turning halfway through grilling. Remove tortilla packet from grill. Remove shrimp from skewers.
- To serve, spread tortillas with sour cream mixture. Top with lime slaw and shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro and pass lime wedges, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before using.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Tacos with Lime Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 135 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 62 mg chol.,
- 198 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet