Shrimp Spring Rolls with Chimichurri Sauce
- Prepare Chimichurri Sauce. In a medium bowl combine the sauce, shrimp, lettuce, carrots, cilantro, mint, and green onions. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes to allow shrimp and vegetables to soften slightly and absorb flavors from the sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the vermicelli in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until just tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Use kitchen shears to snip the noodles into small pieces; set aside.
- To assemble, pour warm water into a pie plate. Carefully dip a rice paper into the water; transfer to a clean round dinner plate. Let stand for several seconds to soften. Place a parsley sprig in the center of the paper. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the shrimp mixture just below the center. Arrange some of the vermicelli noodles across mixture. Tightly roll up rice paper from the bottom, tucking in sides as you roll.
- Repeat with the remaining rice papers, parsley sprigs, shrimp mixture, and noodles. Serve spring rolls with soy sauce for dipping.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed. Layer spring rolls between damp paper towels in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
Veggie Spring Rolls:
Prepare as above except omit shrimp and substitute 3/4 cup diced firm tofu.
- In a blender or food processor combine flat-leaf parsley, olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cover and blend or process with several on/off pulses until chopped but not pureed.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Spring Rolls with Chimichurri Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 128 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 22 mg chol. ,
- 312 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.